Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Some shut doors and open windows

God has answered a few questions lately in my life without giving me any clear direction yet. I recently sent a proposal to Pastor Ray at Ambassador for the position of a 15-20 hour a week Teaching/Utility Pastor. We already have an Outreach Pastor and an Inreach Pastor but I believe they are swamped and need help. So my proposal was basically to be the guy that would help them get some much needed ministries off of the ground and grow our church. Recently the money situation at Ambassador got better because we rented out both sides of the building we were locked into. One at full price (which was a huge relief) and one at a partially discounted rate (to help out a smaller church and relieve some of our own financial burden). The future of the church offices are still uncertain but God is working it out.

As you may have read before in previous blogs O' mine, My position as Youth Pastor is currently being fazed out because of the move. Not a huge ordeal because of my calling (please read more about it in previous blogs, I speak now somewhat nonchalantly but it was a struggle to understand this) but still left me uncertain of my future at Ambassador. Would something else open up? should I hang on to the hope of an influx of money or just go and find something else?

Pastor Ray admitted help was needed in the areas I brought up but currently lacks the budget to do anything about it. Therefore, I am soon to be finished at Ambassador Church as paid 10 hour a week (about $600 a month) staff. He would like me to stay on as a lay pastor but that does not pay the bills. So if I can find something else to supplement my income I would consider it.

Meanwhile my buddy Paul wants to plant a church and wants me to be a part of it. That would be awesome but I am unsure if this is the timing (with school and all). I am struggling to figure out the direction God is moving us. Strangely there is a huge peace about it. God has always provided. It gets a little frustrating at times but I really do feel God has things in control. I just want to be faithful.

I am looking for a job where I can work around school. I am enjoying school. It feels good to get into the nitty gritty of theology and work out what God is doing in and has done in the world. If I could find a trainer/presenter job that would be cool! Putting my speaking gifts to work to supplement my income. I am not really sure how to break into that field though. We shall see!!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Hey, I found your blog...(stares awkwardly like a socially inept child)...bye...